My favorite thing about this easy lemon drizzle cake is the zing that hits you from the first bite. This unassuming delicious dessert looks like every other cake but packs a tasty punch.
In this post I’m sharing my recipe for the most delicious, tasty and easy lemon drizzle cake you’ll ever make.
Here’s what you’ll be needing
- Mixing bowl
- Cake pan
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 180g softened unsalted butter
- 180g sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- Rind of 1 lemon; finely grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- oil/butter for greasing
- Heat oven to 375ºF/180ºC
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, eggs and egg yolk. Beat till mixture is smooth. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased cake pan, smooth the surface with a knife.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
Points to consider
- The lemon drizzle cake will keep for up to 3 days and up to 2 months when frozen.
- This is a vegetarian recipe
- Using a syrup topping? It is best to apply the syrup when the cake is still hot.
- This lemon drizzle cake goes best with a hot cup of tea
- Avoid beating the batter for too long as it can affect the outcome of the cake.